We’re experienced at working to tight deadlines & budgets. We treat each commercial fit-out with the same professionalism, while delivering quality results each time.Read More >>
The teaching environment is essential to providing an exceptional education for young people. At JBH Refurbishments we pride ourselves on creating quality school refurbishments that are designed to inspire children of all ages.
It is our job to build practical and safe environments that suit both pupils and teachers. When undertaking school refurbishments, we consider a number of factors that can enhance the teaching and learning experience:
- Noise levels and reverberations
- Design and décor
- Temperature control
- Hard-wearing surfaces – carpets, flooring, paint and hygienic cladding
How JBH Can Help With Your School Refurbishment
If you are looking for an experienced and reputable company to carry out your school refurbishment work, JBH should be your first port of call.
We work with schools, academies and colleges across the South East to improve their learning environments, as well as providing practical public areas and washrooms facilities.
Sticking to your schedule is our priority. Wel work closely with you in the planning stages to ensure everything is in place at each stage of the project. Ensuring everything runs smoothly will be your dedicated project manager, who will take care of every aspect of your refurbishment.
School Refurbishments Services
Our school refurbishments services range from complete interior fit outs for new builds and extensions, to small classroom refurbishments and washroom fit outs. Here’s a taster of the type of school refurbishment services JBH provides:
- Layout planning and interior design – including CAD design and 3D image generation upon request
- Complete interior fit out, including mechanical (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), electrical and plumbing
- Interior reconfigurations – removal/installation of walls
- Room/office partitioning – glazed, partially glazed, stud wall, jumbo wall installations, moving walls (sliding, folding, concertina).
- Mezzanine floor installation (including full structural survey)
- Washroom fit out with all furnishings and cubicles
- Classroom fit out – strip out to fit out and furnishing
- Offices/meeting room installation or refurbishment
- Furniture supply and fit
- Storage solutions
Planning Your School Fit-Out With JBH
- First, we will pay you a visit to inspect the area you wish to refurbish or fit out thoroughly
- We willl then provide a comprehensive quote with a breakdown of all costs
- Once approved, we’ll progress with planning the project
- CAD drawings will be created to make sure we are all in agreement with the layout and design
- Upon approval of plans we will set a start date
- Your dedicated project manager will be your main point of contact from the original site survey to completion
- Once completed, your project manager will meet with you to ensure you are satisfied with the work undertaken
When is the Best Time to Start Planning a School Refurbishment?
The scale of your school refurbishment will determine when to start planning and when to start the refurbishment. For major fit outs, we recommend that the work should place during the summer school holidays to prevent any disruption to pupils and teachers. A summer holiday refurbishment should be planned at least six weeks in advance to secure delivery of materials and labour.
Of course, the summer holidays is not always a preferable time for everyone. Some things just can’t wait. Therefore, we can undertake the work in phases, utilising the half term breaks where possible.
All of our onsite officials are fully DBS checked, therefore we can carry out refurbishments during school hours if required.
To complete your school refurbishment, we can provide a wide range of contemporary classroom and office furniture, including:
- Comfortable seating
- Waiting room furniture
- Breakout room furniture
We cater for all ages and special learning needs.
Regular School Maintenance
Schools undergo enormous wear and tear during a school year. Some more than others. The fact is, it can be difficult to stay on top of your ‘to do’ list. That’s where we come in. We provide regular maintenance services for schools throughout London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
JBH is your primary contact for all you school maintenance. We can take care of odd jobs, decoration, repairs and of course larger refurbishments.
We can carry out small maintenance projects for your school all year round, it doesn’t have to just wait until the holidays! All of our onsite operatives have an up-to-date DBS check for your peace of mind and can also carry out work out of school hours too.
JBH will take care of all the following interior maintenance and more, depending on your needs:
- Wall repairs and decoration
- Suspended ceiling repairs and replacement tiles
- Replacement flooring
- The fitting of fixtures, such as signage, equipment, storage, new doors, hand rails etc.
- Replacement toilets and basins
- School furniture
Get In Touch
Whether you are planning a complete refurbishment of several areas of your school, a small classroom fit out, or need support with your school maintenance, be sure to contact our team at JBH, we are really quite friendly!
Give us a call on 0333 207 0339 or drop us an email.